Error message: This operation has been canceled...

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Error message: This operation has been canceled... [message #284613] Sat, 22 March 2008 16:16 Go to next message
LJL  is currently offline LJL
Messages: 16
Registered: July 2007
Junior Member
I am running Firefox 2 (my default browser), Outlook 2003, and Internet
Explorer 7. Suddenly, when I click on a hyperlink in an Outlook message, I
get the following error message: "This operation has been canceled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator." I have checked previous posts concerning this message -
including my own! - but they typically refer to reseting Internet Explorer 6
to default settings. With Internet Explorer 7, under Tools>Internet
Options>Programs, there is no "Reset Web Settings" option. I tried to revert
to IE 6, but the system would not allow me to do this.

So, I'm pretty much stuck. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.
Re: Error message: This operation has been canceled... [message #284629] Sat, 22 March 2008 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
newsgroups_DELETE_  is currently offline newsgroups_DELETE_
Messages: 18370
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
Use Start-> Default Programs to reset your default browser.
Setting Internet Explorer as the default and then Firefox again also should
do the trick.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"LJL" <LJL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DFBD5B18-AA32-48CD-840D-79D46F72D000@microsoft.com...
> I am running Firefox 2 (my default browser), Outlook 2003, and Internet
> Explorer 7. Suddenly, when I click on a hyperlink in an Outlook message, I
> get the following error message: "This operation has been canceled due to
> restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
> administrator." I have checked previous posts concerning this message -
> including my own! - but they typically refer to reseting Internet Explorer
> 6
> to default settings. With Internet Explorer 7, under Tools>Internet
> Options>Programs, there is no "Reset Web Settings" option. I tried to
> revert
> to IE 6, but the system would not allow me to do this.
>
> So, I'm pretty much stuck. Any other suggestions would be most
> appreciated.



Re: Error message: This operation has been canceled... [message #284643] Sat, 22 March 2008 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LJL  is currently offline LJL
Messages: 16
Registered: July 2007
Junior Member
Thanks very much for the help. Setting IE as the default browser and then
Firefox as the default browser solved the problem. -- Lee

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Use Start-> Default Programs to reset your default browser.
> Setting Internet Explorer as the default and then Firefox again also should
> do the trick.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>
> -----
>
> "LJL" <LJL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:DFBD5B18-AA32-48CD-840D-79D46F72D000@microsoft.com...
> > I am running Firefox 2 (my default browser), Outlook 2003, and Internet
> > Explorer 7. Suddenly, when I click on a hyperlink in an Outlook message, I
> > get the following error message: "This operation has been canceled due to
> > restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
> > administrator." I have checked previous posts concerning this message -
> > including my own! - but they typically refer to reseting Internet Explorer
> > 6
> > to default settings. With Internet Explorer 7, under Tools>Internet
> > Options>Programs, there is no "Reset Web Settings" option. I tried to
> > revert
> > to IE 6, but the system would not allow me to do this.
> >
> > So, I'm pretty much stuck. Any other suggestions would be most
> > appreciated.
>
Re: Error message: This operation has been canceled... [message #284698] Sun, 23 March 2008 09:00 Go to previous message
newsgroups_DELETE_  is currently offline newsgroups_DELETE_
Messages: 18370
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
You're welcome! :-)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"LJL" <LJL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8DEFB2E7-0E74-4469-AAD9-2930975B38F3@microsoft.com...
> Thanks very much for the help. Setting IE as the default browser and then
> Firefox as the default browser solved the problem. -- Lee
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Use Start-> Default Programs to reset your default browser.
>> Setting Internet Explorer as the default and then Firefox again also
>> should
>> do the trick.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "LJL" <LJL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:DFBD5B18-AA32-48CD-840D-79D46F72D000@microsoft.com...
>> > I am running Firefox 2 (my default browser), Outlook 2003, and Internet
>> > Explorer 7. Suddenly, when I click on a hyperlink in an Outlook
>> > message, I
>> > get the following error message: "This operation has been canceled due
>> > to
>> > restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
>> > administrator." I have checked previous posts concerning this message -
>> > including my own! - but they typically refer to reseting Internet
>> > Explorer
>> > 6
>> > to default settings. With Internet Explorer 7, under Tools>Internet
>> > Options>Programs, there is no "Reset Web Settings" option. I tried to
>> > revert
>> > to IE 6, but the system would not allow me to do this.
>> >
>> > So, I'm pretty much stuck. Any other suggestions would be most
>> > appreciated.
>>
Previous Topic:error code 0x80042108 &0x80042109
Next Topic:Disapperaing 'Favorites'
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC