Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of 2"?

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of 2"? [message #251748] Mon, 10 December 2007 17:10 Go to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
I am not sure if when it started, but I have just lately paid attention to
this. I am wondering if someone is spying or phishing my emails, or maybe it
is a virus of some sort
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of 2"? [message #251920] Tue, 11 December 2007 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if when it started, but I have just lately paid
> attention to this. I am wondering if someone is spying or phishing
> my emails, or maybe it is a virus of some sort

Outlook version? Account type?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252112] Tue, 11 December 2007 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am not sure if when it started, but I have just lately paid
> > attention to this. I am wondering if someone is spying or phishing
> > my emails, or maybe it is a virus of some sort
>
> Outlook version? Account type?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252113] Tue, 11 December 2007 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Sorry, I am new to this.

Outlook 2007, Account is a POP

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am not sure if when it started, but I have just lately paid
> > attention to this. I am wondering if someone is spying or phishing
> > my emails, or maybe it is a virus of some sort
>
> Outlook version? Account type?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252185] Tue, 11 December 2007 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I am new to this.
>
> Outlook 2007, Account is a POP

Just one account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252197] Tue, 11 December 2007 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Yes

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I am new to this.
> >
> > Outlook 2007, Account is a POP
>
> Just one account?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252277] Wed, 12 December 2007 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Yes

Then I can't explain it, unless it's an undeliverable read receipt. See
this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252379] Wed, 12 December 2007 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Thank you Brian,

I followed the instructions and there are no stuck read receipts.

Can it be a spyware of some sort?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes
>
> Then I can't explain it, unless it's an undeliverable read receipt. See
> this:
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252399] Wed, 12 December 2007 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Can it be a spyware of some sort?

Likely not. Alas, I can't explain it with only one account defined.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252562] Wed, 12 December 2007 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Maybe I am not knowledgeable enough what "one account defined" means. I have
only one account with my ISP but maybe there is something in outlook that I
dont know. How can I check? And if there is more than one account, what is
the solution. I sent an emailto myself, and I only got one copy even though
it said that it is sending 2 messages out of 2.

Thanks for all your replies.


"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Can it be a spyware of some sort?
>
> Likely not. Alas, I can't explain it with only one account defined.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252661] Thu, 13 December 2007 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Maybe I am not knowledgeable enough what "one account defined" means.
> I have only one account with my ISP but maybe there is something in
> outlook that I dont know. How can I check? And if there is more
> than one account, what is the solution. I sent an emailto myself,
> and I only got one copy even though it said that it is sending 2
> messages out of 2.

Click Tools>Account Settings. How many accounts are defined?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252707] Thu, 13 December 2007 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Thank you. You are correct, there are 2 accounts there. On the first one it
says (send from this account bt default).

When I remove the second account the issue is corrected and the sending
message is "sending 1 out of 1" as it should be. However, when I put that
account back it again says "sending 2 out of 2" What does it mean? Do all
my recepients receive 2 emails every time I sent them an email?

Your help is very much appreciated.



"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe I am not knowledgeable enough what "one account defined" means.
> > I have only one account with my ISP but maybe there is something in
> > outlook that I dont know. How can I check? And if there is more
> > than one account, what is the solution. I sent an emailto myself,
> > and I only got one copy even though it said that it is sending 2
> > messages out of 2.
>
> Click Tools>Account Settings. How many accounts are defined?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252758] Thu, 13 December 2007 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thank you. You are correct, there are 2 accounts there. On the
> first one it says (send from this account bt default).
>
> When I remove the second account the issue is corrected and the
> sending message is "sending 1 out of 1" as it should be. However,
> when I put that account back it again says "sending 2 out of 2" What
> does it mean? Do all my recepients receive 2 emails every time I
> sent them an email?

It means you're seeing a bug in Outlook 2007 that causes it to say that it's
sending more messages than it really sends. It's not actually sending two
messages, but x + y messages, where "x" is the number of messages it
actually is sending and "y" is one less than the number of accounts you have
defined. I don't know if Microsoft is aware of this problem and I don't
know when it will be fixed.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252855] Thu, 13 December 2007 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Thanks. Is there a way that I can be notified when microsoft fixes this bug?
Or will it be part of the regular updates?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you. You are correct, there are 2 accounts there. On the
> > first one it says (send from this account bt default).
> >
> > When I remove the second account the issue is corrected and the
> > sending message is "sending 1 out of 1" as it should be. However,
> > when I put that account back it again says "sending 2 out of 2" What
> > does it mean? Do all my recepients receive 2 emails every time I
> > sent them an email?
>
> It means you're seeing a bug in Outlook 2007 that causes it to say that it's
> sending more messages than it really sends. It's not actually sending two
> messages, but x + y messages, where "x" is the number of messages it
> actually is sending and "y" is one less than the number of accounts you have
> defined. I don't know if Microsoft is aware of this problem and I don't
> know when it will be fixed.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252896] Thu, 13 December 2007 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Is there a way that I can be notified when microsoft fixes
> this bug? Or will it be part of the regular updates?

You can sign up at Microsoft's web site to receive notification of updates
using your Windows Live ID.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: Every time I send one email I see a message "sending 2 out of [message #252904] Thu, 13 December 2007 16:38 Go to previous message
yomtov  is currently offline yomtov
Messages: 11
Registered: December 2007
Junior Member
Thanks for all

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> yomtov <yomtov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. Is there a way that I can be notified when microsoft fixes
> > this bug? Or will it be part of the regular updates?
>
> You can sign up at Microsoft's web site to receive notification of updates
> using your Windows Live ID.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
>
Previous Topic:follow up flags & IMAP accounts!
Next Topic:OL2003 Enter Network Password
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC