About outlook.srs

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
About outlook.srs [message #163329] Mon, 30 April 2007 22:20 Go to next message
Benny Van  is currently offline Benny Van
Messages: 22
Registered: April 2007
Junior Member
Hello All!
I got a question about this file in OutLook. First, what's the usage
of it? Second, I got a laptop that will be move between home and
office. At home I created a document in outlook and when I brought the
laptop to the office and tried to synchronize it with my network
folder. It poped up a message saying that outlook.srs can not be
synchronized, it is opened at \\ns\user\aplication data(This is my
network folder)...anyway, in a word, I can not get this file
sychronized, anyone who has ideas about this? How to solve this
problem and get outlook.srs synchronized? Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Ben
Re: About outlook.srs [message #163378] Tue, 01 May 2007 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
newsgroups_DELETE_  is currently offline newsgroups_DELETE_
Messages: 18370
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
1) It contains send/receive settings
2) Don't sync this file with a different machine unless you want to corrupt
your mail profile.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

-----
"Benny Van" <fyf5555841@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1177986059.033650.269830@c35g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> Hello All!
> I got a question about this file in OutLook. First, what's the usage
> of it? Second, I got a laptop that will be move between home and
> office. At home I created a document in outlook and when I brought the
> laptop to the office and tried to synchronize it with my network
> folder. It poped up a message saying that outlook.srs can not be
> synchronized, it is opened at \\ns\user\aplication data(This is my
> network folder)...anyway, in a word, I can not get this file
> sychronized, anyone who has ideas about this? How to solve this
> problem and get outlook.srs synchronized? Thank you very much!
>
> Sincerely,
> Ben
>



Re: About outlook.srs [message #163441] Tue, 01 May 2007 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benny Van  is currently offline Benny Van
Messages: 22
Registered: April 2007
Junior Member
On May 1, 5:28 am, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
> 1) It contains send/receive settings
> 2) Don't sync this file with a different machine unless you want to corrupt
> your mail profile.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> -----"Benny Van" <fyf5555...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1177986059.033650.269830@c35g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > Hello All!
> > I got a question about this file in OutLook. First, what's the usage
> > of it? Second, I got a laptop that will be move between home and
> > office. At home I created a document in outlook and when I brought the
> > laptop to the office and tried to synchronize it with my network
> > folder. It poped up a message saying that outlook.srs can not be
> > synchronized, it is opened at \\ns\user\aplication data(This is my
> > network folder)...anyway, in a word, I can not get this file
> > sychronized, anyone who has ideas about this? How to solve this
> > problem and get outlook.srs synchronized? Thank you very much!
>
> > Sincerely,
> > Ben- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Thanks a lot for your answer! But when I opened the OutLook, the sync
error message pop up, kind of annoying. Though I have no need to sync
this file, is there any way to turn off the error message??Thanks !
Re: About outlook.srs [message #163764] Wed, 02 May 2007 02:42 Go to previous message
newsgroups_DELETE_  is currently offline newsgroups_DELETE_
Messages: 18370
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
What kind of sync are you doing then? How have you set this up?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

-----
"Benny Van" <fyf5555841@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1178028550.587283.37150@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> On May 1, 5:28 am, "Roady [MVP]"
> <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
>> 1) It contains send/receive settings
>> 2) Don't sync this file with a different machine unless you want to
>> corrupt
>> your mail profile.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> -----"Benny Van" <fyf5555...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1177986059.033650.269830@c35g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>>
>> > Hello All!
>> > I got a question about this file in OutLook. First, what's the usage
>> > of it? Second, I got a laptop that will be move between home and
>> > office. At home I created a document in outlook and when I brought the
>> > laptop to the office and tried to synchronize it with my network
>> > folder. It poped up a message saying that outlook.srs can not be
>> > synchronized, it is opened at \\ns\user\aplication data(This is my
>> > network folder)...anyway, in a word, I can not get this file
>> > sychronized, anyone who has ideas about this? How to solve this
>> > problem and get outlook.srs synchronized? Thank you very much!
>>
>> > Sincerely,
>> > Ben- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer! But when I opened the OutLook, the sync
> error message pop up, kind of annoying. Though I have no need to sync
> this file, is there any way to turn off the error message??Thanks !
>
Previous Topic:How do I exclude some recipient from receiving attachments in my m
Next Topic:Task list
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC