Error message "cannot send this item"

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Error message "cannot send this item" [message #391380] Wed, 13 August 2008 17:20 Go to next message
Chris IT   is currently offline Chris IT
Messages: 1
Registered: August 2008
Junior Member
When I try and send a new email I get the error "cannot send this item"
However, if I create a new note, then forward it, this opens an email, which
I can then fill out and sent.
it just wont sent an email from New, email.

I have tried reinstalling outlook, but the same problem is still there.
RE: Error message "cannot send this item" [message #391573] Thu, 14 August 2008 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOrland  is currently offline KOrland
Messages: 4840
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
You may want to include some details on your issue so that someone can try to
duplicate the problem and resolve it:

Version of Outlook
Type of mail acccount
Any Office or Outlook-related errors in the Application Event Viewer (be
sure to include eventID and source)
Any troubleshooting steps you have already taken (such as scanning a PST for
errors)
Any error messages in their entirety, including any error numbers

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
http://www.howto-outlook.com/



"Chris IT @ F1" wrote:

> When I try and send a new email I get the error "cannot send this item"
> However, if I create a new note, then forward it, this opens an email, which
> I can then fill out and sent.
> it just wont sent an email from New, email.
>
> I have tried reinstalling outlook, but the same problem is still there.



RE: Error message "cannot send this item" [message #405520] Wed, 03 September 2008 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rayson  is currently offline Rayson
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
I got the same error while using Outlook 2007 SP1 (12.0 Build 6316) on WinXP
SP3 (5.1.2600) in a POP3 / SMTP account.

The error occurred when forwarding / replying a particular message. After
removing some previous addresses information in the message, it can be sent
out normally.

The problem can be re-produced.

"K. Orland" wrote:

> You may want to include some details on your issue so that someone can try to
> duplicate the problem and resolve it:
>
> Version of Outlook
> Type of mail acccount
> Any Office or Outlook-related errors in the Application Event Viewer (be
> sure to include eventID and source)
> Any troubleshooting steps you have already taken (such as scanning a PST for
> errors)
> Any error messages in their entirety, including any error numbers
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
>
>
> "Chris IT @ F1" wrote:
>
> > When I try and send a new email I get the error "cannot send this item"
> > However, if I create a new note, then forward it, this opens an email, which
> > I can then fill out and sent.
> > it just wont sent an email from New, email.
> >
> > I have tried reinstalling outlook, but the same problem is still there.
RE: Error message "cannot send this item" [message #419450] Thu, 18 September 2008 07:00 Go to previous message
Rayson  is currently offline Rayson
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
After struggling for a couple of weeks, I finally find the problem was caused
by Outlook 2007 not able to handle some web mail address format like this:

< mhtml:{D5D4B55B-BE85-49B3-A018-144CBFE3A4FC}mid://00000859/! x-usc:mailto:myusername@mydomain.com>

Fortunately I found a simple work around for this. Just change the format of
your message to rich text by selecting "Options", "Format" , "Rich Text". You
can send the message without any problem.

Cheers...

"Rayson" wrote:

> I got the same error while using Outlook 2007 SP1 (12.0 Build 6316) on WinXP
> SP3 (5.1.2600) in a POP3 / SMTP account.
>
> The error occurred when forwarding / replying a particular message. After
> removing some previous addresses information in the message, it can be sent
> out normally.
>
> The problem can be re-produced.
>
> "K. Orland" wrote:
>
> > You may want to include some details on your issue so that someone can try to
> > duplicate the problem and resolve it:
> >
> > Version of Outlook
> > Type of mail acccount
> > Any Office or Outlook-related errors in the Application Event Viewer (be
> > sure to include eventID and source)
> > Any troubleshooting steps you have already taken (such as scanning a PST for
> > errors)
> > Any error messages in their entirety, including any error numbers
> >
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >
> >
> >
> > "Chris IT @ F1" wrote:
> >
> > > When I try and send a new email I get the error "cannot send this item"
> > > However, if I create a new note, then forward it, this opens an email, which
> > > I can then fill out and sent.
> > > it just wont sent an email from New, email.
> > >
> > > I have tried reinstalling outlook, but the same problem is still there.
Previous Topic:Outlook 2007 PST oddity
Next Topic:Outlook 2007 Problem - Cannot Send This Item
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC