Outlook Error 0x8004210a

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Outlook Error 0x8004210a [message #83674] Mon, 13 November 2006 18:58 Go to next message
David  is currently offline David
Messages: 462
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
I spent hours researching resolution to send and receive error messages such
as 0x8004210a and Ox8004210b "The operation timed out waiting for a response
from the receiving (or sending) (POP) server. If you continue to receive
this message contact your service administrator or ISP." My ISP is Charter
Communications and they tell me this is a Microsoft problem. Resolution in
Microsoft support areas says to download Office XP Service Pack 3. However,
I have read on this site that it is not available for Outlook 2003. I am
using Misrosoft OneCare, not Norton or McAfee. Is this really a Microsoft
problem? Please help me get these problems resolved. Thanks very much
RE: Outlook Error 0x8004210a [message #83730] Mon, 13 November 2006 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francine Otterson  is currently offline Francine Otterson
Messages: 32
Registered: November 2006
Member
David,

What type of connection are you using - is it wireless by any chance? I
would increase your sever time out settings to see if that helps. Also, if
necessary recreate the account. This type of error can occur when the
wireless connection is taking longer then the account/server allows.

Regards,

Francine Otterson
Outlook MVP
President, San Diego Outlook User Group

"David" wrote:

> I spent hours researching resolution to send and receive error messages such
> as 0x8004210a and Ox8004210b "The operation timed out waiting for a response
> from the receiving (or sending) (POP) server. If you continue to receive
> this message contact your service administrator or ISP." My ISP is Charter
> Communications and they tell me this is a Microsoft problem. Resolution in
> Microsoft support areas says to download Office XP Service Pack 3. However,
> I have read on this site that it is not available for Outlook 2003. I am
> using Misrosoft OneCare, not Norton or McAfee. Is this really a Microsoft
> problem? Please help me get these problems resolved. Thanks very much



RE: Outlook Error 0x8004210a [message #83815] Tue, 14 November 2006 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David  is currently offline David
Messages: 462
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Thanks very much. I have a cable modem for ISP service from Charter. It
goes into a Linksys WRT54G router that provides wireless service for my
wife's laptop. A cable connects my desktop to the router, and this is the
computer I use and where I am having the problems. It may be helpful for you
to know that I have had to reboot the router when I couldn't get online
sometimes. Also, I've had to reboot the cable modem sometimes as well as my
computer. I am most grateful for your help. This is driving me crazy.
David

"Francine Otterson" wrote:

> David,
>
> What type of connection are you using - is it wireless by any chance? I
> would increase your sever time out settings to see if that helps. Also, if
> necessary recreate the account. This type of error can occur when the
> wireless connection is taking longer then the account/server allows.
>
> Regards,
>
> Francine Otterson
> Outlook MVP
> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
>
> "David" wrote:
>
> > I spent hours researching resolution to send and receive error messages such
> > as 0x8004210a and Ox8004210b "The operation timed out waiting for a response
> > from the receiving (or sending) (POP) server. If you continue to receive
> > this message contact your service administrator or ISP." My ISP is Charter
> > Communications and they tell me this is a Microsoft problem. Resolution in
> > Microsoft support areas says to download Office XP Service Pack 3. However,
> > I have read on this site that it is not available for Outlook 2003. I am
> > using Misrosoft OneCare, not Norton or McAfee. Is this really a Microsoft
> > problem? Please help me get these problems resolved. Thanks very much
RE: Outlook Error 0x8004210a [message #84706] Tue, 14 November 2006 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David  is currently offline David
Messages: 462
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
I want to let you know that the real source of the problem was my wireless
router. I had a most productive chat session with a wonderful lady at
Linksys who knew exactly what to do. This involved resetting certain things
in the router's software. That resolved all the problems and I am very
pleased with Linksys. Thought you'd like to know.

"David" wrote:

> Thanks very much. I have a cable modem for ISP service from Charter. It
> goes into a Linksys WRT54G router that provides wireless service for my
> wife's laptop. A cable connects my desktop to the router, and this is the
> computer I use and where I am having the problems. It may be helpful for you
> to know that I have had to reboot the router when I couldn't get online
> sometimes. Also, I've had to reboot the cable modem sometimes as well as my
> computer. I am most grateful for your help. This is driving me crazy.
> David
>
> "Francine Otterson" wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > What type of connection are you using - is it wireless by any chance? I
> > would increase your sever time out settings to see if that helps. Also, if
> > necessary recreate the account. This type of error can occur when the
> > wireless connection is taking longer then the account/server allows.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Francine Otterson
> > Outlook MVP
> > President, San Diego Outlook User Group
> >
> > "David" wrote:
> >
> > > I spent hours researching resolution to send and receive error messages such
> > > as 0x8004210a and Ox8004210b "The operation timed out waiting for a response
> > > from the receiving (or sending) (POP) server. If you continue to receive
> > > this message contact your service administrator or ISP." My ISP is Charter
> > > Communications and they tell me this is a Microsoft problem. Resolution in
> > > Microsoft support areas says to download Office XP Service Pack 3. However,
> > > I have read on this site that it is not available for Outlook 2003. I am
> > > using Misrosoft OneCare, not Norton or McAfee. Is this really a Microsoft
> > > problem? Please help me get these problems resolved. Thanks very much
Re: Outlook Error 0x8004210a [message #84946] Wed, 15 November 2006 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I want to let you know that the real source of the problem was my
> wireless router. I had a most productive chat session with a
> wonderful lady at Linksys who knew exactly what to do. This involved
> resetting certain things in the router's software.

Let me guess. She had you adjust the MTU setting.
--
Brian Tillman
Re: Outlook Error 0x8004210a [message #85001] Wed, 15 November 2006 16:48 Go to previous message
David  is currently offline David
Messages: 462
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Brian, you are exactly right. She also had me enter lots of lines for
Outlook on a certain page. I had to hook the router to a laptop and place it
to the side of my desktop which was connected to the Internet while all this
took place. This took a lot of time because the chat session transmissions
are inherently time consuming. So far everything is working properly and I
am most grateful to have this resolved. Best wishes to you and thanks for
helping people like me.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to let you know that the real source of the problem was my
> > wireless router. I had a most productive chat session with a
> > wonderful lady at Linksys who knew exactly what to do. This involved
> > resetting certain things in the router's software.
>
> Let me guess. She had you adjust the MTU setting.
> --
> Brian Tillman
>
Previous Topic:Business Contact Manager
Next Topic:outlook dictionary & autocorrect
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC