You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

does not notify me when new messages arrives

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
does not notify me when new messages arrives [message #31893] Sat, 16 September 2006 02:48 Go to next message
Glen  is currently offline Glen
Messages: 29
Registered: September 2006
Junior Member
I have done all the Microsoft says about being notified, the Click E-mail
Options, and then click Advanced E-mail Options, Under When new items arrive
in my Inbox, select the Play a sound check box. And In Control Panel, click
Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Sounds and Audio Devices.
Click the Sounds tab.
Under Program Events, under Windows, select New Mail Notification.
and nothing I don’t have a firewall either, and any other sound
notifications work great.

any help would be great
Glen
Re: does not notify me when new messages arrives [message #32025] Sat, 16 September 2006 16:12 Go to previous message
Glen  is currently offline Glen
Messages: 29
Registered: September 2006
Junior Member
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (Outlook Live) for a hotmail account,.
as far as I can tell the emails go to the "Inbox in
glenwashburn123@hotmail.com"
there are two other Inbox folders one under Personal Folders the other under
Archive Folders so I am not sure which one is the default folder.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Version of Outlook?
> Type of account?
> Do the e-,ails get delivered to your default Inbox folder?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> -----
> "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7981F83D-671E-43C2-BB4E-1E6F7F31F11C@microsoft.com...
> I have done all the Microsoft says about being notified, the Click E-mail
> Options, and then click Advanced E-mail Options, Under When new items arrive
> in my Inbox, select the Play a sound check box. And In Control Panel, click
> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Sounds and Audio Devices.
> Click the Sounds tab.
> Under Program Events, under Windows, select New Mail Notification.
> and nothing I don't have a firewall either, and any other sound
> notifications work great.
>
> any help would be great
> Glen
>
>
>
Re: does not notify me when new messages arrives [message #67357] Sat, 16 September 2006 16:12 Go to previous message
Glen  is currently offline Glen
Messages: 29
Registered: September 2006
Junior Member
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (Outlook Live) for a hotmail account,.
as far as I can tell the emails go to the "Inbox in
glenwashburn123@hotmail.com"
there are two other Inbox folders one under Personal Folders the other under
Archive Folders so I am not sure which one is the default folder.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Version of Outlook?
> Type of account?
> Do the e-,ails get delivered to your default Inbox folder?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> -----
> "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7981F83D-671E-43C2-BB4E-1E6F7F31F11C@microsoft.com...
> I have done all the Microsoft says about being notified, the Click E-mail
> Options, and then click Advanced E-mail Options, Under When new items arrive
> in my Inbox, select the Play a sound check box. And In Control Panel, click
> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Sounds and Audio Devices.
> Click the Sounds tab.
> Under Program Events, under Windows, select New Mail Notification.
> and nothing I don't have a firewall either, and any other sound
> notifications work great.
>
> any help would be great
> Glen
>
>
>
Previous Topic:New mail notifications in subfolders
Next Topic:outlook will not open on windows xp sp2, office xp sp3
Goto Forum: