550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with requi.

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with requi. [message #418723] Mon, 15 September 2008 19:07 Go to next message
gordon[2]  is currently offline gordon[2]
Messages: 7
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Occasionally I have an outgoing e-mail bounced by Outlook which sends me this
message: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with
required standards.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong to trigger this mean-spirited
response from a software system for which I have paid good money and which I
keep fed with the latest updates and service packs?
RE: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with requi. [message #418725] Mon, 15 September 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOrland  is currently offline KOrland
Messages: 4840
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
Outlook doesn't normally bounce messages unless you have AV actively scanning
your incoming and outgoing email. Mail servers return your undeliverable
messages.

Is this non delivery message coming from your mail server or your
recipient's mail server? Please post the error in its entirety.

What type of mail account do you have? Is this an Exchange account? Error
550 is a permanent error, error 5.7.1 is a permissions problem:

Permissions problem. For some reason the sender is not allowed to email
this account. Perhaps an anonymous user is trying to send mail to a
distribution list.
Check SMTP Virtual Server Access Tab. Try checking this box: Allow
computers which successfully authenticate to relay. User may have a manually
created email address that does not match a System Policy.

If you have an Exchange mail account, please check with your
Exchange/Network/Systems Admin. If you have another type of account, please
advise and include the entire non delivery message.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
http://www.howto-outlook.com/



"Gordon" wrote:

> Occasionally I have an outgoing e-mail bounced by Outlook which sends me this
> message: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with
> required standards.
>
> Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong to trigger this mean-spirited
> response from a software system for which I have paid good money and which I
> keep fed with the latest updates and service packs?



RE: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with req [message #418733] Mon, 15 September 2008 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gordon[2]  is currently offline gordon[2]
Messages: 7
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Dear Kathleen:

The response seems to be generated by Outlook as it come up the very instant
that the e-mail leaves the out box to go to the sent box.

Here is the full error message....

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: The Stack...
Sent: 9/15/2008 3:53 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'bachlund@aol.com' on 9/15/2008 3:53 PM
550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with required
standards.

I forwarded the same message to myself at another e-mail address I use and
it also bounced.

I am also bothered that entering the phrase " 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761
This message does not comply with required standards." in HELP search yields
no useful results.

Thanks for taking an interest in this anomaly. I happens irregularly and
without an apparent pattern.

Best regards,

-Gordon


"K. Orland" wrote:

> Outlook doesn't normally bounce messages unless you have AV actively scanning
> your incoming and outgoing email. Mail servers return your undeliverable
> messages.
>
> Is this non delivery message coming from your mail server or your
> recipient's mail server? Please post the error in its entirety.
>
> What type of mail account do you have? Is this an Exchange account? Error
> 550 is a permanent error, error 5.7.1 is a permissions problem:
>
> Permissions problem. For some reason the sender is not allowed to email
> this account. Perhaps an anonymous user is trying to send mail to a
> distribution list.
> Check SMTP Virtual Server Access Tab. Try checking this box: Allow
> computers which successfully authenticate to relay. User may have a manually
> created email address that does not match a System Policy.
>
> If you have an Exchange mail account, please check with your
> Exchange/Network/Systems Admin. If you have another type of account, please
> advise and include the entire non delivery message.
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
>
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > Occasionally I have an outgoing e-mail bounced by Outlook which sends me this
> > message: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with
> > required standards.
> >
> > Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong to trigger this mean-spirited
> > response from a software system for which I have paid good money and which I
> > keep fed with the latest updates and service packs?
Re: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with req [message #418757] Mon, 15 September 2008 23:45 Go to previous message
VanguardLH  is currently offline VanguardLH
Messages: 5901
Registered: September 2007
Senior Member
I'm presuming that you are not on the AOL domain when you attempt to
send an e-mail to an AOL recipient. The Received headers in the NDR
(non-delivery) e-mail would show from whom the NDR was sent: from the
sender's (your) own SMTP mail host or from the recipient's SMTP mail
host. I can't tell if it is your SMTP mail host that is rejecting your
e-mail or if it AOL's SMTP mail host (after your SMTP mail connects to
it) that is rejecting your e-mail.

Have you tried sending a simple plain-text (no HTML) test e-mail through
your SMTP mail host to another domain, like to a freebie account
elsewhere (and not AOL)? If that works, try sending a plain-text test
e-mail to your AOL recipient.

When you send e-mail, are you on the domain for whose SMTP mail host you
are using? That is, is the SMTP mail host you use on-domain to your
network? If not, you'll have to authenticate to that off-domain SMTP
mail host. Why? Because it doesn't know that you have permissions to
use their resources. That is, they can't tell when you come from
off-domain if you are their customer and are allowed to use their
resources. Go into the e-mail account defined within Outlook and enable
authentication on the outbound (SMTP) mail host. Although you can
select to reuse your POP login credentials, I always enter my login
credentials in that options dialog window.


"Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DDCCC7AA-73B3-42E6-8877-DA5730E27BDF@microsoft.com...
> Dear Kathleen:
>
> The response seems to be generated by Outlook as it come up the very
> instant
> that the e-mail leaves the out box to go to the sent box.
>
> Here is the full error message....
>
> Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
> recipients.
>
> Subject: FW: The Stack...
> Sent: 9/15/2008 3:53 PM
>
> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>
> 'bachlund@aol.com' on 9/15/2008 3:53 PM
> 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply with
> required
> standards.
>
> I forwarded the same message to myself at another e-mail address I use
> and
> it also bounced.
>
> I am also bothered that entering the phrase " 550 5.7.1
> m8FMqfSC016761
> This message does not comply with required standards." in HELP search
> yields
> no useful results.
>
> Thanks for taking an interest in this anomaly. I happens irregularly
> and
> without an apparent pattern.
>
> Best regards,
>
> -Gordon
>
>
> "K. Orland" wrote:
>
>> Outlook doesn't normally bounce messages unless you have AV actively
>> scanning
>> your incoming and outgoing email. Mail servers return your
>> undeliverable
>> messages.
>>
>> Is this non delivery message coming from your mail server or your
>> recipient's mail server? Please post the error in its entirety.
>>
>> What type of mail account do you have? Is this an Exchange account?
>> Error
>> 550 is a permanent error, error 5.7.1 is a permissions problem:
>>
>> Permissions problem. For some reason the sender is not allowed to
>> email
>> this account. Perhaps an anonymous user is trying to send mail to a
>> distribution list.
>> Check SMTP Virtual Server Access Tab. Try checking this box: Allow
>> computers which successfully authenticate to relay. User may have a
>> manually
>> created email address that does not match a System Policy.
>>
>> If you have an Exchange mail account, please check with your
>> Exchange/Network/Systems Admin. If you have another type of account,
>> please
>> advise and include the entire non delivery message.
>>
>> --
>> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>
>>
>>
>> "Gordon" wrote:
>>
>> > Occasionally I have an outgoing e-mail bounced by Outlook which
>> > sends me this
>> > message: 550 5.7.1 m8FMqfSC016761 This message does not comply
>> > with
>> > required standards.
>> >
>> > Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong to trigger this
>> > mean-spirited
>> > response from a software system for which I have paid good money
>> > and which I
>> > keep fed with the latest updates and service packs?
Previous Topic:Disater recovery...
Next Topic:Replied and Forwarded Icons in Outlook 2007 are not appearing
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC