0utlook

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
0utlook [message #296536] Tue, 29 April 2008 16:07 Go to next message
Bruce  is currently offline Bruce
Messages: 148
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
I can access my new mail in outlook, but my sent mail & contacts remained on
my aol account which now shows zero new messages. Can't I set it up so that
I can access my email through either outlook on AOL?
Re: 0utlook [message #296789] Wed, 30 April 2008 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I can access my new mail in outlook, but my sent mail & contacts
> remained on my aol account which now shows zero new messages. Can't
> I set it up so that I can access my email through either outlook on
> AOL?

Export the AOL contacts to a file you can import to Outlook's Contacts
folder. Since AOL access by Outlook is via IMAP, all the mail folders on
the AOL server will be visible in Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



Re: 0utlook [message #296836] Wed, 30 April 2008 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce  is currently offline Bruce
Messages: 148
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I can access my new mail in outlook, but my sent mail & contacts
> > remained on my aol account which now shows zero new messages. Can't
> > I set it up so that I can access my email through either outlook on
> > AOL?
>
> Export the AOL contacts to a file you can import to Outlook's Contacts
> folder. Since AOL access by Outlook is via IMAP, all the mail folders on
> the AOL server will be visible in Outlook.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> My problem is that all my email goes to outlook so that when I work at home without outlook I can not retrieve my email. The problem is not just the contacts that did not move over but my sent mail as well. I need my email retrivable in both outlook & on AOL.

Thanks
Re: 0utlook [message #297054] Thu, 01 May 2008 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My problem is that all my email goes to outlook so that when I work
> at home without outlook I can not retrieve my email. The problem is
> not just the contacts that did not move over but my sent mail as
> well. I need my email retrivable in both outlook & on AOL.

Well, neither POP, IMAP, nor SMTP protocols can do anything with contacts,
so keeping two PCs' contacts in sync can be a little work, but some help can
be found here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp . And the normal
IMAP configuration for accessing AOL from Outlook will allow two PCs to see
the same data. You might have to create a rule that moves a copy of
outgoing messages to the IMAP's Sent Items folder, but that's about it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: 0utlook [message #297117] Thu, 01 May 2008 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce  is currently offline Bruce
Messages: 148
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > My problem is that all my email goes to outlook so that when I work
> > at home without outlook I can not retrieve my email. The problem is
> > not just the contacts that did not move over but my sent mail as
> > well. I need my email retrivable in both outlook & on AOL.
>
> Well, neither POP, IMAP, nor SMTP protocols can do anything with contacts,
> so keeping two PCs' contacts in sync can be a little work, but some help can
> be found here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp . And the normal
> IMAP configuration for accessing AOL from Outlook will allow two PCs to see
> the same data. You might have to create a rule that moves a copy of
> outgoing messages to the IMAP's Sent Items folder, but that's about it.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> (Is there anyway to set up my computer to access my mail in both Outlook & on AOL? This is what I really need, it will solve all my problems
Thanks
Re: 0utlook [message #297141] Thu, 01 May 2008 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> (Is there anyway to set up my computer to access my mail in both
> Outlook & on AOL? This is what I really need, it will solve all my
> problems Thanks

Is "AOL", in your mind, a client you run on your PC or is it a mail service,
providing a mailbox for you to access with whatever client you choose? I
don't use AOL, so you'll hve to give more detail.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Re: 0utlook [message #297145] Thu, 01 May 2008 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce  is currently offline Bruce
Messages: 148
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > (Is there anyway to set up my computer to access my mail in both
> > Outlook & on AOL? This is what I really need, it will solve all my
> > problems Thanks
>
> Is "AOL", in your mind, a client you run on your PC or is it a mail service,
> providing a mailbox for you to access with whatever client you choose? I
> don't use AOL, so you'll hve to give more detail.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> It is my email company
Re: 0utlook [message #297168] Thu, 01 May 2008 13:53 Go to previous message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> It is my email company

Then I've told you how already. Create an IMAP account and configure it to
reference your AOL mailbox.

< http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType =kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleI d217454>

< http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010936921033.asp x>
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Previous Topic:Re:How do i set up so that my shaw email gets transfered to outlook?
Next Topic:Junk Mail Notification Envelope
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC