You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are [message #267187] Mon, 21 January 2008 16:09 Go to next message
Patty  is currently offline Patty
Messages: 54
Registered: August 2006
Member
thisa is what I get when I try to get the archived files on my external hard
drive, can anyone help, thanks.
Re: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are [message #267207] Mon, 21 January 2008 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
outlookmvp  is currently offline outlookmvp
Messages: 14613
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
try moving the file to the local hard drive - if it still errors, the file
may be corrupt.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM


"Patty" <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4FED2FBE-82F6-4587-83E1-F21E1E30B455@microsoft.com...
> thisa is what I get when I try to get the archived files on my external
> hard
> drive, can anyone help, thanks.
RE: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are [message #267367] Tue, 22 January 2008 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mary  is currently offline Mary
Messages: 2742
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
You should state which version of Office's Outlook you have and what exactly
you are trying to do. You cannot open outlook files of any kind without
opening Outlook and choosing File, Open Outlook Data File. Move any files on
external media to your hard drive first before you try to open from within
Outlook.

"Patty" wrote:

> thisa is what I get when I try to get the archived files on my external hard
> drive, can anyone help, thanks.
RE: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are [message #267491] Tue, 22 January 2008 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dlw  is currently offline dlw
Messages: 779
Registered: October 2006
Senior Member
what steps are you doing to "get" the archive files?

"Patty" wrote:

> thisa is what I get when I try to get the archived files on my external hard
> drive, can anyone help, thanks.
RE: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you [message #267529] Tue, 22 January 2008 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patty  is currently offline Patty
Messages: 54
Registered: August 2006
Member
I ahve outlook 2007, and the error appears every time I try to bring an
archive that contains all my e-mails, whether it is located on the CPU hard
drive or the external hard drive, it does it on both occasions. I do
file-open-outlook data file-then the archive.pst that I have on either C or G
dirves

"Mary" wrote:

> You should state which version of Office's Outlook you have and what exactly
> you are trying to do. You cannot open outlook files of any kind without
> opening Outlook and choosing File, Open Outlook Data File. Move any files on
> external media to your hard drive first before you try to open from within
> Outlook.
>
> "Patty" wrote:
>
> > thisa is what I get when I try to get the archived files on my external hard
> > drive, can anyone help, thanks.
Re: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you [message #267555] Tue, 22 January 2008 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VanguardLH  is currently offline VanguardLH
Messages: 5893
Registered: September 2007
Senior Member
"Patty" wrote in message
news:31461A8A-F644-4109-8DAA-94FB17F3DB2E@microsoft.com...
>I ahve outlook 2007, and the error appears every time I try to bring
>an
> archive that contains all my e-mails, whether it is located on the
> CPU hard
> drive or the external hard drive, it does it on both occasions. I do
> file-open-outlook data file-then the archive.pst that I have on
> either C or G
> dirves


Try running Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe") which will
NOT load any add-ons that you installed into Outlook.
RE: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are [message #271520] Tue, 05 February 2008 07:41 Go to previous message
Lai  is currently offline Lai
Messages: 1
Registered: February 2008
Junior Member
I got the same error message as you. Have you found the way to open the
archived files?

"Patty" wrote:

> thisa is what I get when I try to get the archived files on my external hard
> drive, can anyone help, thanks.
Previous Topic:saving and updating a document without needing to re-send e-mail?
Next Topic:Voting Buttons - message missing in reply
Goto Forum: