|Outlook 2003 can't send emails but Outlook Test Message works [message #247837]
||Wed, 28 November 2007 09:02
Registered: November 2007
I am having problems sending emails (but not receiving them) and some |
internet sites such as downloading windows updates and online banking
transactions. The two problems arose at the same time.
I am using XP Professional and Outlook 2003.
I have recently PPP.
I have a laptop running Vista and Outlook 2003 on the same network and it
When testing email account settings I successfully receive the test email.
When I reply to it (effectively sending it to myself) I receive a reply.
However, if I try to reply to the subsequent email I get an error message
‘..0x800CCC0F …connection to server interrupted..’ An attempt to send any
other emails to myself gets the same response. Interestingly I often have a
message saying ‘sending 1 of 1 emails’ even though I have deleted all failed
emails from my outbox.
I get a standard ‘Sever cannot be found’ page when I attempt to use internet
banking etc. and 0x80072EE2 when trying to upload Windows updates (I have
followed the MS advice to eradicate the problem but no luck)
I suspect the ‘server interruption’ could be the common link. But otherwise
1) Read dozens of threads on various forums
2) Checked the settings for my email accounts
1. Deactivated all Firewalls
2. Removed McAfee using mcrp.exe provided by MacAfee to clean registry entries
3. Carried detect and repair in Outlook
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2003 (Office Professional)
5. Removed and replaced the Outlook.pst files
6. Created a new profile in Outlook
7. Restored my system to a point where the problem did not occur
8. Ran Windows Installer Clean Up
9. Replaced IE 6 with IE 7
10. Added problem sites such as the ms download site to Trusted Sites in IE7.
11. Tried CCleaner to clean up registry
If anyone can help me I would be very, very happy.