You are here: Office-Outlook.com  / Outlook Forum

move to next email after deleting a email

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
move to next email after deleting a email [message #186440] Thu, 05 July 2007 19:32 Go to next message
TonyM
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2007
Junior Member
I am using Outlook 2007. When I open an email and delete it, it takes me back
to the preview screen. I want it to let me view the next email in sequence,
rather than going back to the preview screen and then opening the next
sequential email. I hope I have described my dilemma to where someone will
know what I am speaking of. It is hard to actually describe what my problem
is. Previous versions of Outlook did what I am trying to do so I would think
2007 would also. It is a hassle to delete an email then go back to the
preview screen and open the next email.
Re: move to next email after deleting a email [message #198283] Sat, 11 August 2007 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TonyM
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2007
Junior Member
I want to thank you for the response you sent below on the Outlook Discussion
group. I need to know if you can be more specific than "it's a setting" I
have looked and looked and I cannot find what I am looking for. It is such a
waste of time to deleat a message and then have to go back and open the next
message in sequintial order.

it's a setting "after moving or deleting an open item.... return to the
Inbox" - there are some choices. I think it's at Tools | Options Email
Options Advanced email options. If not there, try the Other tab on Tools |
options. The default was changed a few versions ago. I hope this helps you at
least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of
Productiv_IT with Outlook read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com
www.acorntraining.com.au Canberra, Australia how to post questions:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "TonyM" wrote in message
news:5739E65B-5A6F-4730-B3D5-7351C881650F@microsoft.com... >I am using
Outlook 2007. When I open an email and delete it, it takes me >back > to the
preview screen. I want it to let me view the next email in > sequence, >
rather than going back to the preview screen and then opening the next >
sequential email. I hope I have described my dilemma to where someone will >
know what I am speaking of. It is hard to actually describe what my > problem
> is. Previous versions of Outlook did what I am trying to do so I would >
think > 2007 would also. It is a hassle to delete an email then go back to
the > preview screen and open the next email.

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:

> it's a setting "after moving or deleting an open item.... return to the
> Inbox" - there are some choices. I think it's at Tools | Options Email
> Options Advanced email options. If not there, try the Other tab on Tools |
> options.
>
> The default was changed a few versions ago.
>
>
> I hope this helps you at least a little bit!
>
> Judy Gleeson
> MVP Outlook
> Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
>
> read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com
> www.acorntraining.com.au
> Canberra, Australia
>
> how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375
>
> "TonyM" <TonyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5739E65B-5A6F-4730-B3D5-7351C881650F@microsoft.com...
> >I am using Outlook 2007. When I open an email and delete it, it takes me
> >back
> > to the preview screen. I want it to let me view the next email in
> > sequence,
> > rather than going back to the preview screen and then opening the next
> > sequential email. I hope I have described my dilemma to where someone will
> > know what I am speaking of. It is hard to actually describe what my
> > problem
> > is. Previous versions of Outlook did what I am trying to do so I would
> > think
> > 2007 would also. It is a hassle to delete an email then go back to the
> > preview screen and open the next email.
>
>
>
Re: move to next email after deleting a email [message #200478] Fri, 17 August 2007 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman
Messages: 25117
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
Leonig Mig <j.gumbley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did this ever get answered? I also would like outlook to move the next
> most newest message rather than the next most oldest!!!

Yes, it did get answered, by Judy Gleason.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
RE: move to next email after deleting a email [message #200576] Fri, 17 August 2007 22:30 Go to previous message
TonyM
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2007
Junior Member
The specific answer is, go to tools, click on options, preferences tab, click
on email options, the first line after moving or deleting an open item. To
the right of that statement is a drop down box.

"TonyM" wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2007. When I open an email and delete it, it takes me back
> to the preview screen. I want it to let me view the next email in sequence,
> rather than going back to the preview screen and then opening the next
> sequential email. I hope I have described my dilemma to where someone will
> know what I am speaking of. It is hard to actually describe what my problem
> is. Previous versions of Outlook did what I am trying to do so I would think
> 2007 would also. It is a hassle to delete an email then go back to the
> preview screen and open the next email.
Previous Topic:Sending -reported error (0x80042109) in Outlook
Next Topic:error message ordinal 16 not found
Goto Forum: