show recipient name on sent emails

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
show recipient name on sent emails [message #158597] Tue, 17 April 2007 00:34 Go to next message
Ernie  is currently offline Ernie
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
email?
Thank you.
Re: show recipient name on sent emails [message #158642] Tue, 17 April 2007 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
newsgroups_DELETE_  is currently offline newsgroups_DELETE_
Messages: 18370
Registered: July 2006
Senior Member
You might want to explain yourself a bit more where you are looking at and
with what version of Outlook.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

-----
"ernie" <ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4DC822E-4D1F-4C08-8DEC-694C1E4D3211@microsoft.com...
> When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> email?
> Thank you.



Re: show recipient name on sent emails [message #158742] Tue, 17 April 2007 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernie  is currently offline Ernie
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
Thank you for the input.
I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm looking at the "Sent Items" page (the one that
lists all of my emails sent).
When I send an email, NOTHING is shown in the "To" column on the "Sent
Items" page. Only when I open/close the email does the name/email address
appear. Shouldn't the name/email address appear automatically?
Thank you!

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> You might want to explain yourself a bit more where you are looking at and
> with what version of Outlook.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> -----
> "ernie" <ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E4DC822E-4D1F-4C08-8DEC-694C1E4D3211@microsoft.com...
> > When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> > address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> > recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> > email?
> > Thank you.
>
Re: show recipient name on sent emails [message #158919] Tue, 17 April 2007 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Tillman  is currently offline Brian Tillman
Messages: 25135
Registered: June 2006
Senior Member
ernie <ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the input.
> I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm looking at the "Sent Items" page (the
> one that lists all of my emails sent).
> When I send an email, NOTHING is shown in the "To" column on the "Sent
> Items" page. Only when I open/close the email does the name/email
> address appear. Shouldn't the name/email address appear
> automatically?

Try resetting the view.
--
Brian Tillman
Re: show recipient name on sent emails [message #158943] Tue, 17 April 2007 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernie  is currently offline Ernie
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
Resetting the view did nothing. Thanks anyway.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> ernie <ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the input.
> > I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm looking at the "Sent Items" page (the
> > one that lists all of my emails sent).
> > When I send an email, NOTHING is shown in the "To" column on the "Sent
> > Items" page. Only when I open/close the email does the name/email
> > address appear. Shouldn't the name/email address appear
> > automatically?
>
> Try resetting the view.
> --
> Brian Tillman
>
RE: show recipient name on sent emails [message #173417] Wed, 30 May 2007 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whittex  is currently offline whittex
Messages: 4
Registered: May 2007
Junior Member
Ernie -

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

whittex

"ernie" wrote:

> When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> email?
> Thank you.
RE: show recipient name on sent emails [message #173432] Wed, 30 May 2007 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernie  is currently offline Ernie
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2006
Junior Member
No...still frustrated. Sorry.

"whittex" wrote:

> Ernie -
>
> I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> whittex
>
> "ernie" wrote:
>
> > When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> > address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> > recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> > email?
> > Thank you.
RE: show recipient name on sent emails [message #173433] Wed, 30 May 2007 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whittex  is currently offline whittex
Messages: 4
Registered: May 2007
Junior Member
Bummer! Thanks.

whittex

"ernie" wrote:

> No...still frustrated. Sorry.
>
> "whittex" wrote:
>
> > Ernie -
> >
> > I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > whittex
> >
> > "ernie" wrote:
> >
> > > When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> > > address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> > > recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> > > email?
> > > Thank you.
RE: show recipient name on sent emails [message #177277] Mon, 11 June 2007 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whittex  is currently offline whittex
Messages: 4
Registered: May 2007
Junior Member
Here's an abbreviated "screen shot" from ver 2003:

Sent Items
To Subject Received
'aimee' re: Path 6/11/07
re: Doug 6/8/07
re: Baby 6/7/07
'Jerry' re: Digs 6/5/07

Please note that the name in the to column appears only AFTER I open the
e-mail.

Maybe this is an Outlook problem?????

whittex




"whittex" wrote:

> Bummer! Thanks.
>
> whittex
>
> "ernie" wrote:
>
> > No...still frustrated. Sorry.
> >
> > "whittex" wrote:
> >
> > > Ernie -
> > >
> > > I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > whittex
> > >
> > > "ernie" wrote:
> > >
> > > > When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> > > > address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> > > > recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> > > > email?
> > > > Thank you.
RE: show recipient name on sent emails [message #191801] Sat, 21 July 2007 16:22 Go to previous message
whittex  is currently offline whittex
Messages: 4
Registered: May 2007
Junior Member
Ernie -

I found that when I look at sent mail in the mail folders "Personal
Folders," I can always see the "To:" information.

However, in the mail folders "imap.aol.com," I have the same problem you
describe. So I often switch to the personal folders to look at sent mail.

Yes, it's a pain.

Whittex


"ernie" wrote:

> When I send an email, the view does not show the recipient's name or email
> address automatically. I must open and close each email to have the
> recipient's name displayed. Can this occur automatically when I send an
> email?
> Thank you.
Previous Topic:email picture file size option no longer appearing?
Next Topic:Can't type text in Reply. Can't send reply. new XP computer only
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC