Find out if my email has been forwarded

Home » General Outlook opportunities » Outlook
Find out if my email has been forwarded [message #146810] Mon, 02 April 2007 08:32 Go to next message
PLSH  is currently offline PLSH
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2007
Junior Member
Good day,

I would like to know if there is any way that one can find out if one of my
mails I sent to someone was then forwarded on by them?

We are running Exchange 2003. I sent some sensitive information to 2
managers and now either through them talking or forwarding the email it has
got out. If they spoke about it there is nothing I can do, but would like to
know if it is possible to see if they forwarded the mail that I sent them, is
there an easy way or otherwise just a way of doing it?

Please can someone advise / help.

Thanks
RE: Find out if my email has been forwarded [message #146850] Mon, 02 April 2007 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dlw  is currently offline dlw
Messages: 779
Registered: October 2006
Senior Member
Not with Outlook, the Exchange system admin would have to do that.

"PLSH" wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I would like to know if there is any way that one can find out if one of my
> mails I sent to someone was then forwarded on by them?
>
> We are running Exchange 2003. I sent some sensitive information to 2
> managers and now either through them talking or forwarding the email it has
> got out. If they spoke about it there is nothing I can do, but would like to
> know if it is possible to see if they forwarded the mail that I sent them, is
> there an easy way or otherwise just a way of doing it?
>
> Please can someone advise / help.
>
> Thanks



RE: Find out if my email has been forwarded [message #147118] Tue, 03 April 2007 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PLSH  is currently offline PLSH
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2007
Junior Member
Any idea how. Where can I start? Any sites out there that could help "walk"
me through the process?

"dlw" wrote:

> Not with Outlook, the Exchange system admin would have to do that.
>
> "PLSH" wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >
> > I would like to know if there is any way that one can find out if one of my
> > mails I sent to someone was then forwarded on by them?
> >
> > We are running Exchange 2003. I sent some sensitive information to 2
> > managers and now either through them talking or forwarding the email it has
> > got out. If they spoke about it there is nothing I can do, but would like to
> > know if it is possible to see if they forwarded the mail that I sent them, is
> > there an easy way or otherwise just a way of doing it?
> >
> > Please can someone advise / help.
> >
> > Thanks
RE: Find out if my email has been forwarded [message #147193] Tue, 03 April 2007 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aligator  is currently offline Aligator
Messages: 488
Registered: March 2007
Senior Member
Phone to your exchange admin and ask them. they will know how to do it if you
are entitled to get that info...
--
I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham...


"PLSH" wrote:

> Any idea how. Where can I start? Any sites out there that could help "walk"
> me through the process?
>
> "dlw" wrote:
>
> > Not with Outlook, the Exchange system admin would have to do that.
> >
> > "PLSH" wrote:
> >
> > > Good day,
> > >
> > > I would like to know if there is any way that one can find out if one of my
> > > mails I sent to someone was then forwarded on by them?
> > >
> > > We are running Exchange 2003. I sent some sensitive information to 2
> > > managers and now either through them talking or forwarding the email it has
> > > got out. If they spoke about it there is nothing I can do, but would like to
> > > know if it is possible to see if they forwarded the mail that I sent them, is
> > > there an easy way or otherwise just a way of doing it?
> > >
> > > Please can someone advise / help.
> > >
> > > Thanks
RE: Find out if my email has been forwarded [message #148013] Thu, 05 April 2007 02:18 Go to previous message
PLSH  is currently offline PLSH
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2007
Junior Member
He doesn't know. And yes I am allowed to get at pretty much any info on our
network, I am one of the admins, just not as clued up on Exchange as I
thought....

Does any one have a link that could help me out or something like that?

"Aligator" wrote:

> Phone to your exchange admin and ask them. they will know how to do it if you
> are entitled to get that info...
> --
> I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham...
>
>
> "PLSH" wrote:
>
> > Any idea how. Where can I start? Any sites out there that could help "walk"
> > me through the process?
> >
> > "dlw" wrote:
> >
> > > Not with Outlook, the Exchange system admin would have to do that.
> > >
> > > "PLSH" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Good day,
> > > >
> > > > I would like to know if there is any way that one can find out if one of my
> > > > mails I sent to someone was then forwarded on by them?
> > > >
> > > > We are running Exchange 2003. I sent some sensitive information to 2
> > > > managers and now either through them talking or forwarding the email it has
> > > > got out. If they spoke about it there is nothing I can do, but would like to
> > > > know if it is possible to see if they forwarded the mail that I sent them, is
> > > > there an easy way or otherwise just a way of doing it?
> > > >
> > > > Please can someone advise / help.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
Previous Topic:Licensee name mistaken
Next Topic:Reading Pane
Goto Forum:
  


 
   
  
 
Top Outlook add-ins
Send PersonallySend Personally

Send Outlook 2000-2007 message to many recipients personally.

Duplicate Email RemoverDuplicate Email Remover

Delete duplicate emails and posts in Outlook and Microsoft Exchange folders.

Duplicates Remover for OutlookDuplicates Remover for Outlook

Delete duplicates in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server folders.

MAPILab ToolboxMAPILab Toolbox

A set of 18 Microsoft Outlook 2000/XP/2003/2007 add-ins.

Total 176 add-ins for Outlook
in 11 categories.

Latest news
  

© 2006-2014 Office Assistance LLC